SomaFM just introduced a reggae channel! I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. It’s available in FrogRadio of course, just click here, after reloading stations from the File menu or restarting. The channel is called “Heavyweight Reggae”. Here is Rusty’s story of the new channel:
When Dion and I first discussed a reggae channel over a year ago, he suggested a format that "would cover Jamaican music of the 60s, 70s and early 80s, specifically, what I like to call Heavy Reggae."
As for the name and logo, Dion says "Jamaicans have lots of songs about boxers and boxing matches. Prince Buster was a boxer before his musical career took off." And Heavyweight Reggae was born.
Our first task was getting together the base music library. "So much music was created in Jamaica during this time, that the music potential is seemingly limitless. Like Soul, there is much out there that you cannot find on CD or digital formats," says Dion. SomaFM loves deep tracks and hard-to-find gems. Heavyweight Reggae pulls from the station's and his personal collection of CDs, digital and vinyl sources.
It will be available in a few days.
The Christmas stations at SomaFM are online and available in FrogRadio.
– Fix for missing controls in last version. Sorry about that!
– Touch Bar support.
– The new FrogRadio news panel will alert you to special events and news.
Somehow the Mac App Store version got through app review with no visible controls! All fixed now. Thanks to the users who let me know.
– A new look for all controls and icons.
– Fixed color of station title and location labels.
– Fixed color of currently playing station and folder in station list.
– Swipe left to Delete Stations in the Favorites folder.
– Minor improvements.
This release has a Paddle licensing update for macOS 10.15 (Catalina), no new FrogRadio code. If you have any licensing issues on macOS try installing this update.
– Improve Next Station and Previous Station actions from the Edit menu or keyboard.
– Minor bug fix release.
– On iOS users can now set the accent color just like on macOS.
– macOS version updated for 10.15 Catalina.
– Updated for iOS13.
– FrogRadio already had it’s own dark mode, but it can now follow the system light/dark mode.